Pallepad (Monopad Mandal, Alampur Taluk, Mahaboonagar) was an ancient Village called Panyagrahi, which
was destroyed due to floods and change of River Krishna
course/path about 1000 years. The name Panyagrahi
changed to Panyapad after Kalachuri Kalyani Emperor
Bijjuladeva granted thousands of villages as grants to
Jain monasteries for propagation of Jain religion around
1140 AD and All those villages were suffixed with PAD
for easy recognition / identification.
are all over the States of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and
new Village was constructed in 1790's by Bijjula Rani
Chinnama of Practoor Fort ( 10Km from Alampur Temple
Complex And Fort), a direct descendant of Kalayani
Emperor Bijjula Deva.
the whole Village instead of a Fort because of her
vision that in future, People need
to be more open for free living, which will
enhance their way of thinking.. Over a period of time
Panyapad subsequently became Pallepad (around 1600 AD).
Rani Chinnamma heirs were Jagirdars of Pallepad and
their families are still leaving here and this village
is part of Pallepad Jagir consisting of Six villages
Boravailly, Jalapuram, Kathur, Practoor, Maramunagalla
and Pallepad till India was declared Republic in 1950.
Pallepad was constructed in 1980 after the Old Pallpad constructed in 1790's got submerged in the back
waters of Srisalum reservoir on River Krishna. The Old
Pallepad was one square kilometer with well laid
roads and incredible rain water draingage system. A huge
temple complex was in one acre of land right in the
center of the village along with the living quarters.
The temple complex consisted of many temples. The main
temple is of CHENNA KESHAVA SWAMY (Lord Krishna). The
other temples are Lord Siva, Lord Ganesha, and Lord
Hanuman. It had 40 feet height Garage for Temple Chariot
and the Temple chariot was fully curved with number of
deities. For the Visitors, a huge visitor complex with
two huge halls and three rooms with a kitchen and a
The Village had separate quarters for Goldsmiths and
Silversmiths to the west of the temple. Ironsmiths and
Wood carvers were in the west too. In the East of the
temple was the School. To the Southwest there was a huge
palatial house/Davidi about four acres consisting of
Meeting Halls, Offices, Living Quarters of the Bijjula
Family with open yards, consisting of Medicinal and
Kitchen gardens with a Well and a Cow shed. This complex
had a huge open ground about one acre of land right at
the entrance, with a Hanuman temple in the east of the
complex and a parking place for the Chariots and Carts
to the North of the complex. This complex was surrounded
by the living quarters/security guard rooms for the
Security personal with two huge watch towers in
Southwest and Southeast. This complex was the height
point about Sixty feet from the ground level situated in
the southwest corner of the village.
Village had separate living quarters for Musicians,
Dhobis, Shepherds, Fishermen
and Farmers both big and small and Village
maintenance staff living in the East and Southeast
of the village. The Village had Two huge Wells in
the North and East and three Water Tanks spread over 150
acres having a net work of canals (Length 100kms) in the
East, North and West of the Village which could irrigate
150 acres of Land.
of these tanks are still in use.